Bread Poha, Veg Bread Poha
Added to 82 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 212737 times
Who does not love Poha! An everyday food of Maharashtrians, Poha is loved all over the country and often enjoyed as a breakfast of snack. Here, the regular Poha recipe has been adapted for bread cubes.
A traditional tempering and veggies like onions, tomatoes and capsicum transform the bread cubes into a sumptuous Veg Bread Poha, which is enhanced further by the addition of peppy garam masala.
Indeed, this satiating snack is something that both kids and adults will love, and it is also convenient and easy to make, with simple everyday ingredients. So, when you come home hungry and find nothing but bread and veggies in your fridge, you know what to make!
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder and tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the bread pieces, salt and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by neerisha on 09 Feb 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.