Bread Koftas In Pumpkin Curry ( Saatvik Khana Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 736 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30918 times
Mouth-melting bread koftas in delicious pumpkin curry.
- Remove the crust from the bread slices.
- Soak the bread in the curds for 20 minutes.
- Add the flour, coriander, chillies, soda bi-carb and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Divide and shape into balls.
- Deep fry in oil.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into big pieces.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and cook. When cooked, blend in a liquidiser.
- Put the tomatoes in hot water for 10 minutes. Grate into a puree.
- Heat the ghee and fry the cumin seeds until they crackle.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander-cumin seed powder, turmeric powder and garam masala and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the curds, pumpkin mixture, tomato puree and 1/2 teacup of water and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the green peas, potatoes and salt.
- When ready to serve, add the koftas to the curry and give one boil.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.