Bread Kofta In Dudhi
This recipe has been viewed 9010 times
Bread kofta in dudhi is an innovative vegetable preparation with koftas made from curd soaked bread slices are simmered in a gravy comprising of pumpkin or dudhi puree, tomato paste, beaten curd and piece powders.
- Remove the edges of the bread slices and soak them in the curds for 20 minutes.
- Add the plain flour, coriander, chillies, soda bi-carb and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into small round koftas.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the koftas till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Boil 1 1/2 cups of water in a deep pan, add the bottle gourd and cook till the pieces turn soft and are cooked.
- Blend using a hand blender into a smooth puree. Keep aside.
- Put the tomatoes in hot water for 10 minutes, cool and grate into a puree. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the chilli powder, coriander-cumin seed powder, turmeric powder and garam masala and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the curds, pumpkin puree, tomato puree and 1/2 cup of water, mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the green peas, potatoes and salt, mix well and cook till the peas turn soft.
- Just before serving, add the koftas to the curry and bring it to boil.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 19 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.