Bread Kofta Biryani ( Chawal)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 65 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17511 times
Wanna be ‘the’ culinary goddess? This Bread Kofta Biryani helps you bag the crown. Please everyone with this exquisite dish that has glorious layers of rice, gravy and sizzling golden koftas baked to perfection. Sit back and enjoy the attention!
- Combine all the ingredients along with 2 tbsp of water in a bowl, and mix well.
- Divide the mixture in 15 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry the koftas, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the bayleaf, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, rice and salt and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the rice is cooked. Separate each grain of rice lightly with a fork. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cloves and cinnamon and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, or till the oil separates, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the curds, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the green peas, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute. Keep aside.
- Spread the rice evenly in a greased baking dish with the back of the spoon.
- Pour the gravy evenly over it and arrange the bread koftas evenly over it.
- Finally spread the curds mixture evenly over it, cover with a lid and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 to 20 minutes or microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||494.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||12.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||14.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.