Bread In Tempered Yogurt
by Palak Rajput
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5629 times
Dahi bread is a very quick and light dish to serve anytime of the day. Here, yogurt is whisked with ginger and green chili paste. It is then tempered with spices. Wheat bread is seasoned and toasted on flat pan till golden brown. The bread is then soaked in prepared yogurt mixture just before serving.
- Cut the bread into desired shapes with help of a cookie cutter.
- Alternatively, just remove the edges of the bread and keep aside.
- Heat a flat pan on medium heat, apply few drops of oil.
- Arrange the bread slices on hot pan and drizzle few drops of oil.
- Season the bread with salt and red chilli powder.
- Toast them on both sides till the bread turns golden brown in color.
- Peel and roughly chop ginger.
- Remove stems, wash and roughly chop green chilli.
- Coarsely grind ginger and green chillies with pinch of salt.
- Wash and finely chop cilantro.
- In a wide vessel, whisk together yogurt, ginger green chilli paste, turmeric powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, add all tadka ingredients in order.
- When mustard seeds almost stop spluttering, remove from heat and pour into above yogurt bowl once it cools down a little.
- Dip each toasted bread slice into the yogurt mixture and remove onto a serving plate.
- Repeat the same with remaining bread slices.
- Drizzle any leftover yogurt mixture over the bread slices.
- Serve bread in tempered yogurt immediately.
- Handy tip: if the yogurt is too thin, bread becomes quite soggy, so stir in some thick yogurt to balance.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 14 Dec 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.