Bread Idli By Namratabhojania
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3855 times
Try out this innovatively created bread idli recipe and you re sure to have everybody crave for more. A healthy breakfast and snack recipe, bread idlis can be served with coconut chutney or sauce.
- Cut the bread into big rounds and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the mashed potatoes, turmeric and salt, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the flame, add the coriander and mix well.
- Apply this masala on one side of the round cut bread and keep aside.
- Combine the curd and carrots and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and green chillies. When the seeds crackle, add this to the curds and mix well.
- Heat a non stick tava and grease it with oil and put the bread such that curd sides facing upwards.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for 10 -15 mins, till the potatoes turn red and dahi is kind of absorbed in the bread
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by namratabhojania on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.