Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8425 times
Soak the breads, crumble them and cook them easily into mouthwatering Bread halwa. The milk, sugar and bread slices make for a lovely dessert recipe and is quite quick to prepare with simple handy ingredients. Garnish with chopped nuts.
- Toast the bread in toaster to light brown or little crispy.
- Take the sides out(optional)
- Take it out n soak it in milk(little) keep it there for 3-5 mins.
- Now take soaked bread n make it into pieces.
- Take pan,add ghee heat it at medium flame.
- Add the soaked bread n cook it over medium heat,mixing it nicely making it like paste,crush crumbs if its there,add milk,cook for 5 mins.
- Add sugar to the taste n food colour.
- Take out n add nuts of ur choice..
- Serve hot or cold.
This recipe was contributed by ndr on 03 Jan 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.