by Tarla Dalal
Added to 187 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 82799 times
Bread, soaked in curds and bound with besan, is mixed into a thick batter together with an assortment of interesting ingredients like grated carrots, coriander, and so on. When deep-fried this innovative batter transforms into an appetizing and tasty Bread Fritter that you will enjoy sinking your teeth into. The addition of curds to the mixture has an interesting effect, imparting not just tanginess but also a delectable crispness to the fritters.
- Remove the crust of the bread slices and crumble them into small pieces with your fingers and put in a deep bowl.
- Add the curds and mix very well using your fingers.
- Add the carrot, besan, green chilli paste, coriander and salt and mix well.
- Add approx. ¼ cup of water and mix well or till the mixture binds well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions.
- Grease your palms with a little oil and shape a portion into a round ball in between your palms.
- Press it lightly in the centre to form a slight depression and put in hot oil in a deep non-stick kadhai. Shape 3 more portions and put it in the oil and deep-fry all 4 at a time in a batch on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Repeat step 6 to make 12 more balls in 3 more batches. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Serve immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per fritter
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.