Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7959 times
Prepare the Bread chutney with coriander leaves, ginger paste and chillies.Use the bread chutneys spread for sandwiches, dips or even as marinade for tikkas.
Add your private note
Bread Chutney recipe - How to make Bread Chutney
Preparation Time: 10MTS Cooking Time: 10MTS Total Time:
- Make small pieces of bread slices. fry these in ghee or oil. keep aside these pieces until they cool.
- Heat mustard seeds in oil until the seeds crackle. add a pinch of asfoetida, tomato pieces and also the onion slices, followed by cilantro.
- Fry all these with the coconut scrapings. keep aside for a little while.
- Add the fried pieces of bread to the above mixture.
- Grind the whole mixture for 2 or 3 minutes (till becomes a smooth paste).
- Add salt to taste and a little tamarind.
- Now the ''spicy bread chutney'' is ready to be served with hot puris, chapatis, dosas, idlis or also with rice. this can also be done with the leftover bread in the kitchen.
This recipe was contributed by perepu on 23 Aug 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.