Bread - Butter Pudding
by Sambit Ray
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1945 times
Bread and Butter Pudding is a traditional type of bread pudding popular in British cuisine. It is generally made by butter bread or stale bread scattered with raisins in an oven dish. It is generally served with cream or custard. In this recipe, I will serve it with banana sorbet.
- In a blender add frozen banana, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder and condensed milk. Blend it for 3-4 minor until a smooth paste is form with out any lumps.
- Pour the mixture in a container and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, add in the cinnamon, sugar and bay-leaf, and bring it to just below boiling point over a low heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave it to the side for the flavors to infuse.
- Meanwhile, spread the slices of bread with almost all of the butter, and grease the baking pan or dish with the rest.
- Cut off the crusts and cut each slice of bread into 4 triangles.
- Layer the triangles, butter side up in the dish. After the first layer spred in the mixed fruit.
- Continue the step until all bread have been used.
- Take out the bay-leaf. stir in the eggs into the milk, then strain it into the baking pan or dish.
- Bake the Bread and Butter Pudding at 350oF or 180oC for about 45 minutes- 1 hour or until the pudding is risen and golden.
- Serve bread and butter pudding with single scoop of chill banana sorbet.
This recipe was contributed by Sambit Ray on 02 May 2016I am a graduate student completed Dual Degree (BTech & MTech) course in Biotechnology at School of B...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.