Brazilian Corn Pudding
by Amarendra Mulye
3/5 stars 67% LIKED IT
2 GOOD - 1 BAD
This recipe has been viewed 6711 times
Brazilian corn pudding is adapted from original brazilian recipe 'curau de milho' which is made during the brazilian festival 'festa junina' celebrated to give thanks to saint john for the rain. Since festa junina coincides with the corn harvest season, special dishes made with corn such as canjica, pamonha and brazilian cuscuz are seved during this festival.
- Combine the sweet corn kernels with 1/2 of the milk and blend in a blender to a smooth paste.
- Strain and keep aside.
- In a deep pan, heat the remaining milk and bring it to boil.
- Add the corn mixture and mix well.
- Cook on a medium flame and bring the mixture to boil, while stirring continuously, till the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- Add the cream and butter and mix well.
- Add the
- Add the bread and nuts and mix well.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame, while stirring continuously, till the corn is cooked.
- Remove from the flame and pour into individual serving bowls.
- Serve hot or chilled, garnished with cinnamon powder.
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 06 Jul 2011I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.