by Tarla Dalal
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11611 times
These crisp brandy snapps which will melt in your mouth are the perfect accompaniment to ice-creams.
- Sieve the flour and ginger powder together.
- Combine the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan and heat on a slow flame, stirring continuously till the sugar melts.
- Cool a little, then add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Divide into 10 equal portions roll into rounds.
- Put one portion of the mixture at a time in the centre of a greased tray.
- Bake in a moderate oven at 180°C (350°F) for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and cool slightly. After 2 minutes, test to see if you can slip a palette knife under the snapp.
- Remove from the tray and place on top of an upturned tart mould or katori. Press onto the snapp so that it gets the shape of the tart mould / katori. You can use a clean cloth to do this, as the snapp needs to be moulded while it is hot. You can
- even roll snapp to make a cylinder.
- Repeat the procedure to make 9 more brandy snapps.
- Store in air-tight container
- If the mixture becomes too runny or soft, freeze it for about 15 minutes and then start making the snapps again.
- In a large oven, you can make 2 to 4 snapps at a time.
- But ensure that the mixture is placed on the tray in such a way that there is a lot of room for expansion for each portions
- If they join, cut them apart using a sharp knife.
- If you find it difficult to find the golden syrup, use the same quantity of honey.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.