Braided Apple Turn Over
by chef Chris
This recipe has been viewed 991 times
This Christmas, as my treat you have cinnamon apple filling covered by a braided buttery pastry, sprinkled with powered sugar. Can be served along with vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream as a party treat.
- In a deep bowl combine water, flour, sugar and 3/4 of the butter, mix well and knead into semi-soft dough.
- Place the dough on a cutting board. Roll it out to desired tickness, then spread the rest of the butter across pastry. Cut excess off to have the shape you want.
- In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons water and cornflour. Keep aside.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan on medium flame, add the butter and cinnamon.
- Add the apples, sugar and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Add the conflour-water mixture and cook for another 2 minutes or until thick.
- On the rolled pastry dough cut five slits on each side, but do not cut all the way through, you need to leave about 2 inches in between.
- Spread the apple filling in the center. Make sure there are not any cuts underneath. Fill as much as you want.
- Then fold the sides over alternately, making a braid over the top.
- Bake in a pre- heated oven at 180°c (360°c) for 15 minutes (approximately).
- Take out of the oven and let it cool.
- Once cool, sieve powered sugar across the turnover.
This recipe was contributed by chef Chris on 31 Dec 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.