by Foodie #504875
This recipe has been viewed 7239 times
This dish is best suited for roties. It is prepared with minimal ingrediets and can be prepared with either cabbage, snakeguard etc.
Add your private note
Bottleguard Kutu recipe - How to make Bottleguard Kutu
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 2 servings
- Combine the dals and bottle gourd along with little water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Combine the coconut, coriander,green chillies, cumin seeds, peppercorns and blend it in a blender to a smooth paste.
- Add the turmeric powder and the salt and mix well.
- Tranfer it to a pan and add the cooked dal- bottlegourd and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil add the red chilli, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida and the curry leaves.
- Add the tempering to the dal, mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #504875 on 10 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.