Bottlegourd (lauki) Soup
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 13808 times
A very basic bottlegourd soup flavoured with spices and vegetables. It's a Portuguese inspired Goan soup.
- First peel the bottlegourd and cut into small pieces.
- Boil the bottlegourd pieces with 4 to 5 cups of water in a pressure cooker.
- Keep the vegetable stock aside and puree the boiled bottlegourd pieces in a blender.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add all the spices.
- When the spices start giving out the flavour, add the garlic and onions and sauté till the onions are light brown.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for 1 to 2 mins.
- Now add the potatoes and fry them for 3 mins.
- Then add carrot and fry for another 3 mins.
- Now add the bottlegourd stock and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the bottlegourd puree and the salt and cook for another 4 mins.
- Now add the macaroni and cook for 5 mins.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with pepper powder.
This recipe was contributed by foodieprincess on 26 Feb 2014My name's Savita Coutinho. I live in Goa, the most beautiful place on Earth. I like reading,cooking,...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.