5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 70171 times
An unique halwa recipe, the Bombay halwa is prepared from sokaed sago or sabudaana, sugar and maida and then served hot garnished with cardamom powder.
- Wash & soak sago in 2 cups of water for 8 hrs & liquidise.
- Soak maida & cornflour also in 2 cups of water in 8 hrs.
- Dissolve sugsr in 1 ½ cups water & bring to a boil.
- As soon as the sugar melts completely, add both the mixtures & begin stirring.
- When the mixture starts thickening , add ghee 1 tsp at a time till ½ cup is used up.
- Add the colour mixed in lime juice & cardamom powder.
- Now add remaining ghee as before.
- When the mixture becomes a frothy mass & starts leaving the sides of the vessel. remove from flame.
- Pour into a greased plate , cool & cut when still soft.
- When completely cooled wrap each piece separately in clean thin pieces of butter paper or clingfilm.
This recipe was contributed by chitvish on 23 May 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.