Blueberry Cheesecake ( Cheesecakes Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 153 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 175987 times
If you want to please a special person on a special occasion, this is the right dessert to pick! a firm cheesecake finished with a sweet blueberry topping, this is a truly satisfying experience. It is quite exotic and different from other cheesecakes that make use of biscuits as a base—as this cheesecake uses soft luscious vanilla sponge. Since blueberries are not readily available in india, you can use blueberry crush, without changing the total effect in any way.
- Spread and press the sponge cake into the base of a 175 mm. (7") loose bottomed cake tin.
- Soak the sponge cake layer with the sugar syrup and keep aside.
- Keep 4 tbsp milk aside and bring the remaining milk to boil in a deep pan.
- When the milk starts boiling, remove from the flame, add the lemon juice and wait for 2 minutes.
- Stir once and again wait for 2 minutes or till the milk is completely curdled. Strain it with the help of a strainer and squeeze out all the excess water from the paneer.
- Combine the prepared paneer, 4 tbsp milk (kept aside), sugar and fresh cream and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add the cream cheese and mix well.
- Strain the prepared mixture with the help of a sieve and keep aside.
- Combine the prepared basic cheesecake mixture, blueberry crush and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the beaten whipped cream and fold gently.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the prepared sponge cake base and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or till the cheesecake sets.
- Demould the cheesecake and cut into 6 equal wedges.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the blueberry crush on each wedge and serve chilled.
- To make 2 tbsp of sugar syrup, combine 2 tbsp of sugar with ½ tbsp of water in a small saucepan and allow to simmer on a slow flame till the sugar thickens.
- For parties, you can set the cheesecake into individual moulds of your choice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.