Black-eyed Pea (chawli Beans) Tikki
by Palak Rajput
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10747 times
Black-eyed Pea (chawli Beans) Tikki, best to serve for breakfast with green chutney.
- Wash and soak chawli in water for 6-8 hrs.
- Grind the soaked chawli, clove, cinnamon, red chillies, salt and little water to a coarse paste.
- Combine the grounded chawli paste, coriander, ginger-green chilli paste, garam masala, chaat masala, dry mango powder, salt, onions and curry leaves in a bowl and mix well.
- Take 1 1/2 inch sized ball out of mixture.
- Place the ball on left hand and press it lightly to form a 2 inch disk.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the tikki till it turns to golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
- If mixture is too thin, add little rice flour to tighten it a little.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 20 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.