Black Lentil Tikkas
by Elad Stern
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4782 times
Baked black lentil tikkas spiced with potatoes. It is very filling. The black lentils are very nutrient and baking makes it lighter. Though indian spices used, it is friendly to the western palate.
- Soak the ura din enough water for three hours.
- Drain and boil with ample water until cooked.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the ginger, asafoetida and remaining ingredients and saute till the mixture becomes dry and thick.
- Grease a baking tray using oil and put 2-3 tbsp of the mixture in cookie-like flat circles.
- Bake one batch at a time in pre-heated oven at 200 degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes, or until browned and well-done.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Elad Stern on 05 May 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.