Black Forest Gateau (chocolate)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 707 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23441 times
A classic german dessert of chocolate sponge layered with cream and cheeries.
- Combine the cream, sugar and vanilla essence and whisk till soft peaks form.
- Keep refrigerated till required.
- Slice the chocolate cake horizontally into 2 equal parts.
- Soak trhe bottom layer of the chocolate cake with half the soaking syrup.
- Spread half the chantilly cream on the soaked layer of the cake.
- Place half the cherries on top and sandwich with the second layer of the chocolate cake.
- Soak witrh the remaining soaking syrup and spread the remaining chantilly cream on top.
- Garnish with the remaining cherries, chocolate curls and beaten whipped cream swirls as shown in the above picture.
- You can also use grated chocolate to garnish thte cake. Sprinkle it on the sides as well as on the top.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.