Black Eyed Beans with Mushrooms
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5644 times
Any leftovers taste great as a toasted sandwich filling
- Take enough water in a deep pan and boil the beans till they are soft and tender. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and cinnamon.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onion and garlic and fry until light brown n colour.
- Add the mushrooms, tumeric, chilli, salt, ground coriander and ground cumin and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and mix well. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans with a cup of water.
- Bring it to a boil, reduce the flame and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of garam masala and fresh coriander.
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 19 May 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.