Black Eye Beans - Chowlai Punjabi Sabzi
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25220 times
Black eye beans - chowlai punjabi sabzi is a vegetable recipe with beans in true Punjabi style of cooking. The black beans are cooked together with chowlai greens in a spicy masala mix and served with roti or paranthas.
- In pot soak beans overnight in water to cover generously.
- Next day, drain beans.
- In a cooker,
- Put oil, rai, ginger-garlic paster, onion, tomato, green chillies.
- Add turmeric & red chilli powder, corrieander powder.
- Stir them all.
- Side by side boil 2 -3 glass of water.
- When boiled put that in cooker.
- And let cooker whistle upto 4 whistles, until beans are just tender.
This recipe was contributed by v.live2eat on 18 May 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.