Black Bean Dip
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14915 times
Unique in every way, this Black Bean Dip is made with a high-fibre legume, cooked and perked up with onions, tomatoes and lemon juice. A sprinkling of chilli flakes and mixed herbs gives it an exotic flavour that tingles the taste buds. This is not really a creamy dip, but a crunchy-munchy one that combines perfectly with nacho chips.
- Combine the black beans, salt and 2½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Drain well and transfer the black beans into a deep bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mash to a coarse mixture using a potato masher.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and serve chilled with nacho chips.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.