Bitter and Sour Kairi ka Achar
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 8662 times
This achar has a tangy taste, thanks to mustard seed paste. It offers an amazing blend of sour and bitter taste, goes well with parathas, thalipeeth etc.
- Blend the mustard seeds and yellow mustard seeds into a smooth powder.
- Add a little water to make a thin paste and whisk for a few seconds. Keep aside.
- In a sterilized jar, combine the mangoes, mustard seed paste and salt and toss well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small deep pan, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well.
- Cool the tempering and add to mangoes mixture.
- Let the achar marinate for 2 to 3 days and then it is ready to eat.
- Keep refrigerated.
This recipe was contributed by renuka.nichkaode on 07 Mar 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.