Bitter Gourd Curry
by Jyoti V B
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 16660 times
This is a different curry. Along with taste it has many health benefits too.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp salt on the bitter gourd slices and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze out the excess water and wash again. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the turmeric powder, asafoetida and bitter gourd and saute till bitter gourd are little soft.
- Add the onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally and add half cup of water, salt and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, peanut powder and sugar, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Jyoti V B on 31 Oct 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.