5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6076 times
A tasty and popular rice recipe in south indian households, bisibele baath can now be prepared at your home with this easy and quick bisibelle bhaat recipe.
Add your private note
Bisibele Baath recipe - How to make Bisibele Baath
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Cut the vegetables into 2. 5 cm pieces and keep aside.
- Wash rice and dal, add 2 1/2 cups of water, a pinch of turmeric powder and chopped vegetables, mix well and pressure cook till the rice is cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat a little oil in a pan, add 3 red chillies, fenugreek, coriander seeds and grated coconut ill the fenugreek turns golden brown in colour.
- Cool and blend them in a mixer. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the same pan, add the poppy seeds, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and aniseeds and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth powder. Keep aside.
- Heat little oil, add remaining dry red chillies, mustard, curry leaves and green chillies.
- When the seeds crackles, add the rice and mix well.
- Add tamarind juice and salt to taste and mix well.
- Heat little ghee and fry cashewnuts until golden brown in colour and add to the rice along with powdered ingredients and masala powder.
- Mix well and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by anithajagadeesh on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.