Bisi Bele Bath By Kamalacute
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9950 times
Get to know the secret behind preparing the traditional and authentic rice recipe from down south, bisi bele bath. The spicy, flavoured and popular rice recipe, bisibele bhat is served hot with a dash of ghee and coriander leaves as garnish.
- Pressure cook the dal and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a deep pan, add the grounded paste and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, tamarind pulp, sambhar masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the washed rice, cooked dal and 5-6 cups of water, mix well and cook till the rice is cooked.
- For tempering, heat some oil and add the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, remove from the flame and pour over the rice.
- Serve hot with pappads.
This recipe was contributed by kamalacute on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.