Bise Bela Bhath
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7280 times
This dish goes very well with raita.
- Pressure cook the dal and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a deep pan, add the grounded paste and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, tamarind pulp, sambhar masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the washed rice, cooked dal and 5-6 cups of water, mix well and cook till the rice is cooked.
- For tempering, heat some oil and add the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, remove from the flame and pour over the rice.
- Serve hot with pappads.
This recipe was contributed by bhawnak on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.