Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9860 times
These puris don't need anything with it.
- Combine the plain flour and salt and sieve.
- Add the oil, mix well and knead into stiff dough, using enough water. Keep aside.
- Combine the coconut, coriander, green chillies and salt in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the besan and saute till it turns golden brown. Remove from the flame and cool.
- Add this to the coconut mixture and mix well.
- Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a circle of 2” diameter.
- Place a portion of the coconut mixture at the centre and bring the edges together at the centre to seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 4” diameter.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and ingredients to make more such rotis.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the rotis till they becomes crisp and golden brown from both the sides.
- Serve hot or store in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by gsonu2001 on 06 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.