This recipe has been viewed 6531 times
An amazingly flavorsome biryani rice recipe,biriyani with vegetables and spices is a great way to show your culinary skills to your family and guests. Topped with dried nuts and coriander leaves, biryani takes you on a gastronomical trip.
Add your private note
Biriyani recipe - How to make Biriyani
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Wash the rice in several changes of water.heat some butter or ghee,add rice(well drained),gently stir for a minute,add water(1 1/2 times rice)and salt(1 1/2 tsp)cover tightly and lower heat to very low.cook for 25 mts .dont give in to the urge to take a peak in between.(if u have another method to cook rice well,use that.)
- In a blender with a little water,or a food processor,grind the gr chili,garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil(some ghee for flavor) in a pressure cooker,deep fry the cashew nuts,then fry the onions for garnish,crisp and brown(3/4 th of an onion).
- In the same oil now saute the onions.when browned add the ginger garlic chili paste,and stir fry for a few mts.now add the tomatoes.stir for a few mts.
- Add curd to this.stir and quickly add the meat.(no water at all,drain the meat as well as possible).dont forget the salt in this step.pressure cook if its mutton or beef,chicken is better cooked open.beef and mutton will also taste better without the pressure cooking,but as u know,takes a long time.most probably,in pressure cooking beef and mutton
- -once meat is cooked add the garam masala.and mix well.also add the cilantro and mint.
- -in a deep dish,layer the meat and rice.(2 layers of meat and gravy with alternative layers of rice)
- -put some of the fried onions on the top(leave some for final garnish)
- And squeeze the lemon juice too.saffron water,or yellow color sprayed if needed.
- -bake in a preheated oven at 350 f for 20 mts.
- -serve with onion and cashew nut garnish.
- I know its a long recipe,but its quite simple.dont be discouraged,do try it.if the rice is well cooked,not mushy,and there isnt much water in the meat gravy,nothing can go wrong.a good meal is guarenteed.
This recipe was contributed by deepaen on 19 Sep 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.