Bird's Nest Salad
This recipe has been viewed 4920 times
add 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds or 1/2 cup mandarin orange sections for wonderful flavor and delightful color.
if you do not like the idea of using raw sprouts, boil them for a few minutes and then add to the salad.
you can substitute coriander for parsely instead.
protein: 8 g;
carbohydrates: 32 g;
fat: 2 g
- In a large bowl whisk together the garlic, jalapeño, lemon juice, coriander, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the onion, chickpeas, kidney beans, corn, bean sprouts, bell pepper, and chile powder. mix well.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves along the walls of a large glass bowl to form a bird's nest.
- Gently spoon the salad mixture into the bird's nest, being careful not to disturb the lettuce.
- Serve at room temperature.
- This is a perfect side to any sandwich on a hot summer afternoon.
This recipe was contributed by snehami on 05 Dec 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.