Bikaneri Bhujia ( Know Your Flours )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23225 times
Bikaner is known for its savoury snacks. Here is an authentic black pepper flavoured bikaneri farsaan that can be stored for several days in airtight containers. While this is normally made from gram flour, you can also adapt it to use a variety of flours like moong, moath and even mashed potatoes.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl, and mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Fill the dough in a “sev” press.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and squeeze the dough by hand through the "sev" press into the hot oil
- Deep fry the bhujias over a medium flame till it is cooked and golden brown in colour. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Repeat the steps 2 -4 till to make more bhujias till use. Cool and store in an air-tight container.
- You can add a combination of flours like moong, potatoes. Different varieties “sev press” are easily available in the market.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.