Bhutta Sweet Paratha
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7285 times
Bhutta sweet paratha is a paratha stuffed with sweet corn.
- Combine the maida with oil, salt and enough water to make soft dough.
- Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for one hour.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Blend the corn in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan and add the jaggery.
- When the jaggery melts, add 1/4 cup of water, 2 tsp ghee, coconut and grounded corn, mix well and cook till the mixture thickens.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Remove from he flame, cool completely and divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a circle of 4” diameter.
- Place a portion of the stuffing at the centre and bring the edges together at the centre to seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6” diameter, using little whole wheat flour.
- Heat a tava and cook each paratha, using little ghee, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat the same steps to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by priyadarshini123 on 29 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.