by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 73 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 57285 times
Potatoes stuffed with potatoes! Well, yes, this scrumptious Bhojpuri Aloo features boiled potatoes packed with a mixture of mashed potatoes, lemon juice and spice powders, cooked with an intense mixture of milk, curds and besan perked up with an assortment of spices. The combination of dairy products gives this semi-dry subzi a rich and luscious flavour, which is complemented very well by the whole spices. You will love this flavourful and sumptuous preparation, served immediately with rotis and dal.
- Scoop the potatoes halves using a spoon. Use the scooped potato in making the stuffing and keep the potato halves aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and stuff each potato halve with the stuffing and keep aside.
- Combine the milk, curds and besan in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the oil, cloves, cardamom, bayleaf, cinnamon and caraway seeds in a microwave-proof bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste ,onions, turmeric powder, chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the milk- curds- besan mixture, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the stuffed potatoes to the gravy, mix gently and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||340.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||25.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||40.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.