Bhindi ki Kadhi
by Foodie #514071
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15657 times
A delicious kadhi recipe with masala stuffed okra.
Add your private note
Bhindi ki Kadhi recipe - How to make Bhindi ki Kadhi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Remove heads of the okra and make a small slit along one side of each bhindi.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together. With a spoon fill in the prepared mixture into the okra.
- Shallow or deep fry the filled okra until fully cooked and tender. Remove from heat. Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together curds with besan, salt and water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add cumin, asafoetida, cloves . Once they start to crackle and change its colour, stir in the garlic and sliced onions. Sauté the sliced onions and garlic until light golden brown.
- Add red chili powder and turmeric powder with few drops of water. Cook on medium flame until the gravy thickens.
- Stir in the beaten curd mixture along with the curry leaves. Cook the mixture while stirring continuously till it comes to a boil. Next, simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the brown sugar along with the cooked okra and green chilies. Continue to simmer for 4 to five minutes. Garnish the kadhi with sliced green chilies and serve hot with steamed rice.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #514071 on 15 May 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.