Bhindi ka Salan
by Veggie bus
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3546 times
Bhindi or Okra is an all time favourite in my house hold.I prepare it for main course in many forms.One of the way of preparing okra is this Bhindi ka salan.
This coconut based gravy can be used to prepare Mirchi ka salan too.The recipe is fast and amazingly tasty and can be prepared in gatherings at home.
I prepared this recipe for the first time around five years back.i saw it in a TV cookery show.I have modified the original recipe a bit.The result is still a crowd puller!
- Wash okra in water and let them dry thoroughly.
- Now remove both ends of okra. If okra is too big then divide it into two.
- Heat the oil at high temperature in a kadhai for deep frying.
- Deep fry okra in the oil till they become soft.
- Now remove okra from oil and place it on absorbent kitchen towels.
- Now take another pan, add the oil to it and add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the peanuts and roast them on medium flame till they are brown. Add coconut to it and saute till its slightly brown.
- Keep stirring to avoid burning.
- Add sesame seeds to this pan and roast them too.
- Add ginger and garlic paste , green chillies to the pan and stir well.
- Let the mix cool.
- Now grind this mixture in grinder with water to get a fine paste.
- In the same pan, heat another 1 tbsp oil and add the cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add coconut paste and cook on medium heat till mixture leaves oil.
- Now add curds, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and water to the pan, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and stir well.
- Add fried okra to the pan,stir well and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- After 5 minutes,turn off the heat.
- Serve the hot bhindi ka salan with indian flatbreads like naan/paratha/roti
This recipe was contributed by Veggie bus on 09 Mar 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.