Bhindi Masala Gravy Recipe, Indian Bhindi Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14990 times
This is an awesome Bhindi Masala Gravy that feels special, due to an interplay of method and ingredients. Sautéed bhindi is cooked with a flavour-packed tomato paste, a medley of spices and a dash of fresh cream.
Herbs like coriander and fenugreek complement the tanginess of the tomatoes, bringing out a vibrant aroma and flavour. This is a really wonderful way to prepare ladies finger, resplendent with the magic of Indian spices.
Do try it at home, and enjoy it with Laccha Paratha or Jeera Rice .
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the bhindi and sauté on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till light brown in colour.
- Remove in a plate and keep aside.
- In the same deep non-stick, heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil, add the bayleaf and cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 4 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, prepared tomato paste, garam masala, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sautéed bhindi, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add ¾ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fresh cream, dried fenugreek leaves and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.