Bhindi Kadhi ( Punjabi Style)
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20509 times
I have eaten kadhi in many places and once an idea came that why not make bhindi ((ladies finger) kadhi. Well we can actually use several other vegetables. I am yet to try out with other vegetables, but i did try out with bhindi. Now i know many people might think that this recipe is already available but i have made few alterations to it and prepared and it has come out just great. I hope you do like the preparation and do comment as i am an armature cook so this platform will be of a great help for my learning curve.
- Wash and dry the bhindis and then chop then into small pieces.
- In a bowl take 1 cup of besan and add very little water and whisk it very nicely.
- Add little salt and carom seeds and mix the bhindis in the batter nicely.
- Take a non stick pan and heat the and shallow fry the bhindis till they are crisp.
- Once done place the fried bhindis in a plate over a napkin/tissue to remove the excess oil.
- In the same pan, add 1 cup of curd, the ginger garlic paste, the green chilli paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and whisk the batter.
- If the batter is getting thick we can add little water and whisk it for getting a nice semi liquid proportion.
- In the same pan where we had fried the bhindis earlier,add cumin seeds, hing,dry red chilli, onions and saute till the onions are little golden brown.
- Add curry leaves and saute the entire contents of the pan for about 1 minute.
- Add the kadhi batter that we have prepared in the pan and then the fried bhindis.
- Add roughly 2 to 3 cups of water depending on the thickness of the kadhi.
- Keep string it for 2 to 3 minutes and then add honey to it.
- The curd will impart sour taste while the honey imparts a sweet taste. The combination of both of these along with the fried bhindi is different than the usual ones that i have eaten.
- Cover the bhindi kadhi and let it cook on sim for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Sandipan on 13 Jul 2013Simple and enthusiastic guy with a passion for food and cooking. Though I don't cook regularly due t...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.