Bhinda Sambhariya ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 491 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 136568 times
Bhinda sambhariya is an irresistible preparation of fresh okras, stuffed with an exciting sesame-tinged coconut and coriander mixture, and cooked in its own juice. Choose very small and tender okras for the best flavour, and enjoy its juicy feel combined with typical gujarati spices. This dish is a good fit for any occasion, and any meal!
- Wash and cut the ladies finger into 50 mm. (2") pieces and slit lengthwise carefully, so that the segments do not separate.
- Fill each ladies finger with a little of the prepared filling and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the asafoetida.
- Add the stuffed ladies finger and mix well.
- Cover and cook on a medium flame for 15 to 20 minutes or till the ladies finger is cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
- You can also add 2 tbsp of coarsely ground peanuts to the filling.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.