Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3318 times
Garlic cleans the blood and helps in the prevention of high blood pressure and heart attacks. it is an excellent worm expeller. garlic has been used successfully against cancer. one should take few raw garlic flakes daily for good health. garlic taken with curd as shown in this recipe helps to reduce its pungency. deep fried ladies finger or boondhi also can be used in the place of brinjal.
- Slice the brinjals into 1 cm thick roundlets.
- Marinate them with chilli powder, garam masala powder, ¼ tsp. turmeric powder and salt. keep aside for half an hour.
- Cook 4-5 brinjal slices at a time on a tawa (griddle) till they are golden on both sides with the help of little oil.
- Mix the garlic paste in curd and season it with salt.
- Add the toasted brinjal slices to it.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the hing and jeera.
- When jeera starts to crack remove from fire and add the remaining turmeric powder.
- Pour it over the curd and swirl it once with the help of a fork to give yellow and white shade effect.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by lathasamy on 10 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.