Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14180 times
Bharwan tinde is a delicious stuffed tinda vegetable recipe. The tindas are sliced lengthwise and filled up with an awesome blend of indian spice powders such as ajwain(carrom seeds), cumin ,asafoetida, mustard seeds, etc. Relish bharwan tinde with roti.
Add your private note
Bharwan Tinde recipe - How to make Bharwan Tinde
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 3 servings
- Prick the tindas and slit into four, keeping them joined at one end.
- Combine the salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin powder, asafoetida, fennel and amchur powder and mix well.
- Fill this mixture into the tindas and keep aside.
- Put the ghee in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Place the tindas in a single layer and sprinkle 4 cups of water.
- Cover and microwave at high for 5 minutes.
- Microwave further at 70% for 15 minutes or till they are cooked.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sonaprem on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.