Bharwan Tinda, Stuffed Round Gourds
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1469 times
This lip-smacking delicacy from North India is sure to make you eat a little more than usual, because of its appetizing aroma and truly finger-licking flavour!
Bharwan Tinda is a dry subzi in which round gourds (tinda) are stuffed with a masala of tomatoes, garlic, onion and spices, and then sautéed till the vegetable is tender and the flavours are absorbed.
The juiciness of the gourd together with the intense flavour of the stuffing make this dish a delight to bite into.
You can also try other recipes with round gourds like Tinda Aur Saunf ki Subzi and Vegetable Stew .
- Make slits like a plus sign from one end to other end , taking care not to separate the pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan; add the curry leaves, garlic paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and prepared masala, mix well and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth without using any water.
- Stuff each round gourds with 1 tbsp of masala and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in the same deep non-stick pan and add the remaining masala and the stuffed round gourds to it, mix gently and cook on medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while turning the round gourds occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.