Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 52836 times
Bharwan baingan is a delicious stuffed baigan or brinjal recipe. The eggplants are sliced lengthwise and filled up with an awesome blend of indian spice powders such as ajwain(carrom seeds), cumin ,asafoetida, mustard seeds, etc.
- Wash and slit the brinjals length wise from the base towards the stalk, dividing first into half and making another slit dividing each into quarters.
- Stuff each brinjal with the prepared filling and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the brinjals and mix gently.
- Cover and cook till the brinjals turn tender, stirring a few times in between.
- Serve hot garnished with sliced ginger.
This recipe was contributed by bhuvanaygsr on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.