Bharwa Aloo Baingan
by Esha D Virani
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31920 times
Simple and delicious Gujarati dish enjoyed at lunch time. Even easy to cook when you have guests at your home
- Combine the besan, peanut powder,coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, garam masala, tomatoes, garlic, salt, sugar and coriander in a bowl and mix well.
- Peel and wash the potatoes, wash and trim the stalks of brinjals.
- Hold each vegetable vertically and make a diagonal slit, 3/4 into the vegetable,so that the veggies remain intact.
- Then turn it upside down and make a similar slit on the opposite diagonal.
- Instead of the cross cut of the same side, you have the two slits on the opposite ends.
- Stuff the prepared masala in brinjals and potatoes.
- Heat oil in a large pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder and the vegetables, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Cover with a lid on low flame and cook till done.
- If more stuffing is left add it to the vegetables in the end.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Esha D Virani on 24 Dec 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.