Bharleli Bhindi (stuffed Lady Finger)
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33117 times
Bharleli bhindi (stuffed lady finger) is a specialty dish with lady fingers or bhindi slit lengthwise and stuffed with coconut, sugar, spices and coriander leaves. Shallow fry the stuffed lady fingers with choicest spice powders and serve spicy hot with roti.
- Coarsely grind the coconut, coriander leaves, salt, garam masala and sugar. add the juice of 1 lime to this mixer. mix well. add the finely chopped onion and the lady''s fingers
- Wash and dry each bhendi completely, otherwise they become mushy and sticky during cooking.
- Slit the bottom of each about halfway to the stem. stuff the slits with the coconut filling.
- When all the bhendis are stuffed, heat oil in a flat-bottemed pan.
- Add the turmeric and red chilli powder, then place the bhendis in the pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes before covering.
- Stir occasionally and carefully so as not to force the stuffing out.
- Cook uncovered till the bhendi is done through (about 20 minutes)
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 23 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.