Bhakhri Pizza ( Finger Foods for Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24252 times
Treat your little ones to ‘thin-crust pizzas’ right at home. Crisp bhakris topped with tangy pizza sauce and toppings make a nice ‘pizza’ like snack. These ‘pizzas’ are small so serve them whole, they are extremely enjoyable.
- Boil water in a saucepan. Put the tomatoes in the boiling water for 1 minute. Remove and cool them.
- Peel the tomatoes and finely chop them.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan. Add the onions and garlic. Fry till they are rown.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the oregano and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a firm dough using enough water (apporx. 4 to 5 tbsp of water). Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead well again using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each bhakhri on a slow flame till pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Continue cooking the bhakhri on a slow flame, while pressing with a folded muslin cloth till it turns crisp and brown in colour on both the sides.
- While on the tava (griddle), spread 2 tbsp of pizza sauce and top a tbsp of paneer evenly over it. Cover it with a lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 5 more bhakhri pizzas.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.