Bhadang Murmura, Maharashtrian Puffed Rice Chivda Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22694 times
Scrumptious to the core, this flavourful snack is made of puffed rice perked up with garlic, green chillies and curry leaves. The most interesting aspect of the Bhadang Murmura, however, is the use of crunchy peanuts, which contrast beautifully with the texture and flavour of the murmura, to give your taste buds an exciting ride.
Maharashtrians like to carry along some of this Puffed Rice Chivda when they travel. It is also nice to keep a batch of this at home, handy to munch on when you are hungry. It can be had as it is, or with onions, tomatoes and a tangy lacing of lemon juice.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the peanuts and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the mustard seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the garlic, green chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the murmurra, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||68.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.