Besan ka Cheela
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 112111 times
Besan ka cheela or gram flour based salty pancakes are sure to satisfy your rumbling appetite and demanding taste buds. A simple pancake recipe with besan combined with onions, tomato and chillies and then spread on a pan with little oil.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and gradually add (approx 1 1/2 cup) water to get smooth and dropping consistency batter.
- Heat a non-stick tava on a high flame then turn the flame to medium.
- Add little oil and spread it evenly, pour a spoonfull of batter and rotate the pan clock wise to spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Cover it with the lid and allow to cook for 4 to 5 minutes on a medium flame or till it turns to brown in colour and crisp.
- Open the lid, drizzle some oil and turn it upside down and cook the other side till it turns to brown in colour and crispy.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sause.
This recipe was contributed by Hpatel7 on 09 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.