Besan and Green Pea Chilla ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 86 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 111719 times
besan and green peas chilla | matar besan cheela | healthy besan green peas chilla |
besan and green peas chilla is an Indian pancake made from besan, green peas, spices and fruit salt. Ever heard of making chillas in a microwave? Um, how do you make a pancake without a pan? We thought it worth a try, and were amazed by how easy and tasty it turned out to be.
It is so hassle-free that you can actually make fresh Besan and Green Pea Chilla in front of your guests, without worrying about smoke or oil fumes!
However, remember to add the fruit salt just before you make the Besan and Green Pea Chillas and mix slowly, or else they will not turn out nice and soft.
Greasing the plate each time is a must so that the Besan and Green Pea Chillas don’t stick to the plate.
See why this is a healthy besan green peas chilla? Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also higher protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation.
You can try more recipes like Khaman-Dhokla, Atta Ka Sheera, Baingan-Bhurta and many more, using your modern kitchen helper, the Microwave,to make it ever so quickly.
- To make besan and green pea chilla, combine all the ingredients along with ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Grease a 250 mm. (10”) diameter microwave safe plate with a little oil, pour 2 tbsp of the batter on it and spread it lightly using a spoon to form a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle. You can make 3 such chillas on a plate in one batch, while ensuring to keep enough space between them.
- Microwave the chillas on high for 2 minutes.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 9 more chillas in 3 more batches.
- Serve the besan and green pea chilla immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chila
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.