Besan and Coconut Halwa
This recipe has been viewed 9497 times
An amazing dessert for any occasion. . .
- Take 2 cups of gram flour and add 2 cups of water in it and mix well.
- Make sure the batter is not very watery and it gains a idli batter like consistency.
- Put one cup of water and one cup of sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil on medium-high heat. When the syrup comes to a boil, turn the heat down to medium and stir to dissolve the sugar. Let it simmer until the syrup is about half thread consistency.
- Heat 1 cup of ghee and use a flat skimmer that has several round holes on the surface,each about the size of a whole black peppercorn. Pour the batter over the ladle. So it will fall like tiny balls (boondi) into the oil. Drain it from the ghee and keep it aside.
- Repeat the same process for the whole batter. On another pan,take 1 tablespoon of ghee and fry the coconut and keep it aside.
- Now take gram flour mixture(boondis)and grind it once in a mixer. Heat 2 tablespoon of ghee in a separate pan. Add the boondi,fry it for 1 minute and add fried grated coconut, cardomon powder,and crushed cashew for better results, grind it once in the mixer. Please take care that it doesn't get powd
- Now add enough sugar syrup till the time it gains a halwa like consistency.
- Mix everything at low flame for next 2 minutes.
- Once done,remove from the heat.
- Serve hot and enjoy!!!
This recipe was contributed by ChillyCandy on 23 Nov 2012Hey People !!!
I'm Candy from Bangalore. I recently got married and have started exploring the worl...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.